We are looking for an enthusiastic team of 12 Scouts to become the Jamboree Patrol for the 22nd New Zealand Scout Jamboree.
8 of the Scouts will be in Year 8 at school this year (2017) and 4 of the Scouts will be in Year 10 (2017). The Year 10 Scouts will act as mentors to the Year 8 Scouts to provide active support and become part of YST at Jamboree.
What an opportunity! – What a commitment!
The Jamboree Patrol will provide the youth perspective and input to the Jamboree Leadership Team on all aspects of the Jamboree including their very own Jamboree Patrol Challenge Day, supported by and via the Jamboree Patrol Managers.
They will meet with the Jamboree Patrol Managers on at least 3 weekends in 2018 and 3 weekends in 2019 for team building and to provide valuable input on programme, catering and all other aspects of the Jamboree – even the toilets!!
To be part of this amazing team, you must be:
- An active member of your Scout Troop
- Full of youthful ideas about what awesome things scouts would enjoy doing at Jamboree.
- Confident and willing to share your ideas.
- Willing to try out the activities to ensure they are just right and suggest changes if necessary.
- Willing to accept challenges and have an awesome ATTITUDE.
- Committed to the role of Jamboree Patrol – upon selection you must be available to attend all meetings leading up to Jamboree and also at Jamboree – that’s a long commitment – more than 2 years.
- Part of your own Jamboree Troop (or YST) unless needed by the Jamboree Patrol Managers
- Able to have fun
- Within easy transport distance to Mystery Creek Events Centre, Hamilton.
Send in your Name, Address, Phone and email contact details, Scouting CV and a short note as to why you would make a valuable member of the Jamboree Patrol for the 22nd New Zealand Scout Jamboree to the Youth Services Director.