The Time To Plan document is a guide for all Leaders of a Scout Troop who will be involved with a Jamboree Troop for the 22nd New Zealand Scout Jamboree.
The information and checklists will provide a time line to enable the organisation of a Jamboree Troop, to form an effective leadership team including who will apply for the important position of Jamboree Troop Leader, mobilise parents, raise funds, enthuse Scouts and assemble the required equipment in a timely and effective manner, then transport everyone and everything to and from the Jamboree.
It is recommended that new Leaders familiarise themselves with previous Jamboree Troop Leaders Handbooks, although each and every Jamboree is slightly different and for the next Jamboree, more information will be publicised to all Leaders as it becomes available.
This document is a revised version of the “Let’s go to a Scout Jamboree” and reflects changes to the organisation of Jamborees since the original document was produced.
This publication contains the following topics:
- A Jamboree – What is it and why attend?
- The Jamboree project timeline
- Finance, funding and the budget
- List of possible supplies
- Selecting a leader team / project committee
- Promoting the Jamboree to the parents and Scouts
- Site Planning and Equipment
- Travel and Transport
- Uniform and Badges
- Registration records – personal and medical
- Security and discipline
- Health, hygiene and risk management
- Patrol Leader selection and training
- Pre-Jamboree camp
- Hosting an International Patrol